How To Write a Love Letter
Learning how to write a love letter isn't difficult. Once you gather your thoughts and follow these simple steps to express the way you feel in a love letter you'll know how to do it.
Time Required: 1 hour
1. Clear your desk and your mind of distractions. If you love someone enough to craft this letter, he or she deserves your full attention.
2. Place a picture of the one you love in front of you.
3. Put on your favorite music.
4. Take out your best letter writing stationery and pen.
5. On another sheet of letter paper, make two lists: a) the unique qualities you love about him/her; b) your hopes for the future together.
6. Personalize the love letter salutation. "Dear ___ ," or "To my darling _____," are both fine.
7. In the body of the love letter, begin by telling him/her what you think makes him/her so special. List at least three different qualities of the one you love in the letter, ideally emotional, physical, and spiritual ones.
8. In the following paragraph of your love letter, share your hopes and dreams for the future you can have together.
9. Personalize the closing of the letter. "I will love you always," "Loving you forever," "My heart is yours," are all good possibilities.
10. Don't forget to sign your love letter!
11. Spray the love letter with a light fragrance.
12. Address, seal, and stamp the love letter.
13. Wait a day before you send your love letter; you may change your mind.
14. Drop the love letter in the mail, and look forward to the response.
1. Don't mention anyone else but yourself and the addressee in the love letter.
2. Make sure you only send a love letter to someone who will appreciate it.
3. Pick out a special stamp for your love letter at the post office.